I. Connecting your Patreon subscription to your Discord/Live Map Rewards
II. Using the Live Map
III. Using Discord Custom Notifications
IV. Common Problems
I. Connecting your Patreon subscription to your Discord/Live Map Rewards:
“Help! I just paid for premium through Patreon and I can’t figure out how to access the live map/Discord channels!”
Note: Even if you are only interested in the live map, you must have a Discord account and get it properly connected to your Patreon subscription. The verification for the live maps is contingent upon your Discord account being in the Premium Discord Server.
A. Check out this helpful article on how Patreon and Discord rewards work together: https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212052266-How-do-I-get-my-Discord-Rewards-
B. If that didn’t help, try the following steps:
- Go to www.patreon.com – make sure you are logged into your account.
- Click the 3 bars in the top right corner.
- Select pledges > edit pledge > update pledge
- Click the button that says “View on Discord”
Still having issues?
C. It’s possible that you have encountered a glitch where Discord creates a second “dummy” account with the same name but a different discriminator (those four numbers at the end of your discord username) to give your Patreon rewards to. Not to worry — it’s totally fixable. Try the following steps:
- Open your browser (We recommend Google Chrome) and go to Discord’s website at http://discordapp.com/
- If on mobile (skip this step if on desktop), click the 3 dots in the top right (assuming you are using Google Chrome!) to go into the browser settings. Select “Request Desktop Site”.
- In the top right corner of the screen, there is a button that either says “Open” or “Login”.
- If it says “Open”, click and proceed to Step 4.
- If it says “Login”, click and skip to step 5.
- If it says “Open” click it. You are already logged into an account; however, it may not be the correct account. Click the gear icon next to your name at the bottom of the channel tray and select “Log out”.
- Log in the with email and password associated with the correct Discord account.
D. Still not working? Sometimes the above steps are tricky on mobile, especially if you are using a different browser. Try these steps instead:
- Go to http://www.patreon.com/setttings/account
- Scroll down to the Connections box (it should show Facebook and Discord as options)
- Disconnect your Discord (Remember that “dummy” account I mentioned earlier? We want to disconnect that and reconnect to the correct account.)
- Connect to your correct account by logging in with the email and password.
- If it tries to connect to the second “dummy” account again, clear your cache and make sure you are completely logged out of Discord on your browser and your app. Then you can try steps 1-4 again, or try following the steps outlined in section C.